(CWW) During the 8th Global Ultra-Broadband Summit Forum (UBBF 2022), Jin Yuzhi, Vice President of Huawei and President of the Optical Product Line, delivered a keynote speech entitled “Unleash the Potential of Optical Fiber and Towards F5.5G”, explaining how optical fiber The key role of communication technology in social development, focusing on Huawei’s eight key technological breakthroughs in the fields of optical access and optical transmission in the evolution to F5.5G and their value to the industry, and calling on the entire industry to jointly accelerate towards F5.5G.
Jin Yuzhi, Vice President of Huawei, President of Optical Product Line
Fiber optic networks have become a future-oriented strategic infrastructure. In the process of the industry moving from F5G to F5.5G, through technological innovation in the fields of industry and fiber perception, it will further release the potential of fiber optics and open up new markets. Currently facing F5.5G, Huawei has achieved eight major technological innovations to help accelerate the evolution of the industry.
- 50G PON compatible innovation: 50G PON is the next generation PON technology defined by ITU-T. Through device structure and process innovation, Huawei has improved the transmission power of 50G PON optical modules and the sensitivity of receivers to achieve a coverage of 40 kilometers; through technologies such as ultra-high precision placement, it has realized three-way integration of GPON, 10G PON, and 50G PON ports. Mold in one. This will help operators to achieve a smooth upgrade from GPON and 10G PON to 50G PON without transforming the existing network, and quickly provide ubiquitous 10G experience.
- Super C+L spectrum innovation: Based on experimental innovation, Huawei has created a new solution for spectrum amplification and transmission bandwidth improvement. In the manufacturing process, through precise control of gas flux and heating temperature, high-concentration doping is achieved, and the amplification gain of the L-band is improved. Super C+L can achieve a transmission spectrum of 12THz, the bandwidth is expanded by 50%, and the transmission performance is further improved. . And combined with 400G and 800G single-wavelength rates, it can achieve a single-fiber 100T capacity and support the arrival of the 10G era.
- Continuous innovation of OXC: Huawei OXC adopts 3D dot matrix algorithm to increase the wiring density of the all-optical backplane by 35%, reduce the external optical fiber connection of ROADM, reduce the volume of the whole machine by 90%, and reduce power consumption by more than 60%. In addition, OXC’s liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS) uses self-developed new materials, which reduces the liquid crystal response time of the wavelength selective optical switch (WSS) from 200 milliseconds to 100 milliseconds, realizing faster scheduling and protection of wavelengths, and creating a green and agile all-optical network .
- Metropolitan area pooling WDM: To solve the problems of uneven service distribution, low resource utilization, and difficult planning in metropolitan area networks, Huawei innovatively launched a metropolitan area pooling WDM solution. Through self-developed new WSS and metropolitan area coherent modules As well as technologies such as digital optical tags, in the star network architecture of the metropolitan access layer, arbitrary wavelength sharing, flexible scheduling and adjustment between different access ring networks can be achieved, achieving a 10-fold increase in bandwidth and a 10-fold reduction in carbon emissions. Help operators reduce operating costs by 20%, build a WDM network-to-site target network architecture, and support network evolution in the next ten years.
- OSU flexible service granules: Huawei’s innovative hard-pipe core technology OSU adopts 2Mbps to 100Gbps hard-pipe connections, and the bandwidth can be adjusted flexibly without interrupting services; through the simplification of encapsulation protocols, service transmission delays are reduced, helping operators create High-quality OTN WDM network with large bandwidth, ultra-low latency, and deterministic experience, and helps develop more high-end industry customers.
- FTTR C-WAN architecture: The popularity of home smart devices puts forward higher requirements for the coverage, stability, and number of concurrent connections of home Wi-Fi connections. Each optical terminal ONT device in the traditional Wi-Fi network makes independent decisions, and there are many problems such as mutual interference and unstable services in high-concurrency scenarios. Huawei’s FTTR (fiber-to-the-room) all-optical home solution uses the C-WAN centralized management and control architecture to coordinate ONT devices in the entire FTTR network to reduce interference and improve bandwidth experience. The ultimate roaming of less than 20 milliseconds brings a new digital home experience.
- Optical iris technology: ODN investment accounts for a large proportion of FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) networks, but management and maintenance are difficult. For a long time, port resources have been manually entered, resulting in waste of port resources and untimely user service activation. Huawei innovatively launched the optical iris technology, which marks a large number of optical fiber ports, realizes real-time, 100% accurate utilization of port resources, and quickly activates user services. And through the oDSP and AI algorithm, the location of the fault can be accurately and quickly identified, and the measurement accuracy can reach the sub-meter level.
- Autonomous driving network: In the future, the scale of the network will increase tenfold, and network intelligence and automation will become inevitable. Huawei has a number of technological innovations in the field of network autonomous driving. For example, Xingtu route calculation in the transport network can change from single-factor and manual route selection to multi-factor and multi-strategy intelligent route selection, and can be personalized based on different customer habits. Recommend, increase the success rate of route calculation to 99%, and increase the service provisioning efficiency by 70%; Xingxiu Inference trains a large number of poor-quality incidents of home broadband, establishes an intelligent experience model, can quickly perceive poor-quality incidents in one minute, and helps operators reduce user costs complaint.
Jin Yuzhi said that in the face of ubiquitous 10G connections after 2025, on the basis of the eight innovations, Huawei will continue to make technological breakthroughs and product innovations on the development path of F5.5G to help operators’ networks continue to evolve , improve user experience and network operation efficiency, and create greater business value. At the same time, Jin Yuzhi called on the whole industry to work together to promote the progress of the F5.5G industry and accelerate the progress towards F5.5G.