There are many types of optical modules, the common ones are QSFP28 optical module, QSFP+ optical module, SFP+ optical module, SFP optical module, CWDM optical module, DWDM optical module and so on. Each optical module has different application scenarios and functions. Next, ETU-Link will introduce to you the CWDM optical module.
- Description of CWDM optical module:
- CWDM optical module adopts the optical module of CWDM (coarse wavelength division multiplexing) technology, which is a low-cost WDM transmission technology for the access layer of the metropolitan area network. Optical signals of different wavelengths can be multiplexed through an external wavelength division multiplexer and transmitted through one optical fiber, thereby saving optical fiber resources. At the same time, the receiving end needs to use a wave division multiplexer to decompose the complex optical signal.
- Used to realize the connection between existing network equipment and CWDM multiplexer/demultiplexer. When used with CWDM multiplexers/demultiplexers, CWDM optical modules can increase network capacity by transmitting multiple data channels with separate optical wavelengths (1270nm to 1610nm) on the same single fiber.
- The CWDM optical module is an optical transceiver module that combines CWDM technology. It is an economical and efficient network connection solution widely used in network applications such as Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber Channel (FC) in campuses, data centers, and metropolitan area networks.
- Product standard of CWDM optical module
- 18 channels from 1270nm to 1610nm wavelength are available, each wavelength interval is 20nm
- Available package SFP/SFP+/XFP/XENPAK/X2/SFP28
- Transmission distance 10km-120km
- Working temperature 0°C-70°C (commercial grade) -40°C-85°C (industrial grade)
- Duplex LC socket
- RoHS Compliant
- Common types of CWDM optical modules
Common CWDM optical modules include CWDM SFP optical modules, CWDM SFP+ optical modules, and CWDM SFP28 optical modules.
- CWDM SFP optical module
CWDM SFP optical module is a kind of optical module combined with CWDM technology. Similar to the traditional SFP, the CWDM SFP optical module is a hot-swappable input/output device inserted into the SFP port of the switch or router, and is connected to the optical fiber network through this port. It is an economical and efficient network connection solution widely used in network applications such as Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber Channel (FC) in campuses, data centers, and metropolitan area networks.
- CWDM SFP+ optical module
The CWDM SFP+ optical module multiplexes optical signals of different wavelengths through an external wavelength division multiplexer and transmits them through one optical fiber, thereby saving optical fiber resources. At the same time, the receiving end needs to use a wave division multiplexer to decompose the complex optical signal. The CWDM SFP+ optical module is divided into 18 bands, from 1270nm to 1610nm, with an interval of 20nm between each two bands.
- CWDM SFP28 optical module
CWDM SFP28 optical module adopts hot-swappable SFP28 package, duplex LC interface. Compliant with SFP28 MSA, 25G Ethernet and CPRI/eCPRI standards, the maximum rate is up to 25.78125Gbps. The CWDM SFP28 optical module can choose the wavelength of 1270nm-1370nm and 1470nm-1570nm (the distance between each two bands is 20nm), and the transmission distance through single-mode fiber can reach up to 10KM.
Shop on Easy Antenna: http://shop1458197280610.1688.com
- Advantages of CWDM optical module
- “Transparent” transmission of data;
- Super large capacity, making full use of the huge bandwidth resources of optical fiber;
- Greatly save fiber resources and reduce construction costs;
- High networking flexibility, economy and reliability;
- It can be switched by all optical networks to realize long-distance non-electric relay transmission;
- The simplified laser module reduces the size of the equipment and saves space in the machine room;
- Optical layer recovery is independent of business and rate, and can effectively protect data;
- There is no need for a semiconductor refrigerator and temperature control function, so the power consumption can be significantly reduced, which is only 12.5% of the DWDM optical module.
ETU-Link provides a series of dual-fiber bidirectional CWDM optical modules and coarse wavelength division network solutions, providing customers with one-stop cost-effective optical module products.